Novel manuscript must be a minimum of 50,000 words. If your manuscript falls below this limit, do not submit.
Please submit your manuscript electronically in the following format: Microsoft Word ® .doc or .rtf, with the entire document in one file. The manuscript should be your best work, and as error-free as possible. Sapphire Books prefers stories with a HEA ending, or at least a happy for now ending, but will consider all well written stories.
Please include a cover letter in body of email containing:
1. E-mail, with the title of your manuscript followed by the author’s name as the subject line. The body of the e-mail can be blank.
2. Cover Letter, in a single Word-compatible document, as an attachment (some mail programs call it an "enclosure"). Your cover letter should include:
• Short bio, your legal name, complete publishing history, if any, and all pen names in use;
• Your complete contact information, including e-mail and a telephone number where it is acceptable to leave a message about your submission;
• Tell us why lesbians would like your book.
3. Synopsis, in a single, Word-compatible document as an attachment. This document should include:
• Story summary, including how the story ends, of no more than 750 words;
• Word count. (Please note, we are interested in stories at least 50,000 words or more in length, since this is the length most common for novels.)
• 1 inch margins on all sides, 12 point Times New Roman
• Single space, indent paragraphs, and do not skip lines between paragraphs (no html formatting)
• Triple space scene breaks with # or *** centered in middle line
• Author's name on each page, upper left corner in the header of the document
• Number pages at the bottom of the page in the footer
• Paragraph indent .5
*A hard page break should be between each chapters.
Submit the Entire Manuscript to: firstname.lastname@example.org